Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Disneyland here we come!

The day after my birthday, Bug, Monkey, Grandma Dian and I got up really early in the morning (5:30...which should be illegal in the summer) to go to Disneyland.  This was one of the very few days that our Disney Passes would allow us to go during the summer, so we had to take advantage, plus it was an excuse to celebrate my birthday a little more.


Surprisingly it wasn't nearly as crowded as I thought it would be considering that it was summer and all. When we first got there a lot of the rides we just walked right on with NO WAITING.  A couple of times I thought maybe the ride was closed because there was just absolutely no one in line.  It was awesome!

This was Bug's third visit and Monkey's second (Curly Q didn't get to go and won't until she is a bit older).  I think they liked it even more this time especially with the smaller crowds.  We went on Star Tours for the first time.  They both loved their first trip to "Space."  Grandma Dian didn't love it quite as much because it made her feel sick.

Monkey really enjoyed the rides...
Bug and Monkey also went on the teacups for the first time!  I thought we were doing pretty good until we got towards the end of our ride and I realized that Bug and I had been spinning the wheel the wrong way.  Whoopsie!
We went on the StoryLand Boats.  When Bug was 3 and took her first trip to Disneyland with Gumba and I, she was terrified of going into the whales mouth.  3 years later and not much has changed!



Notice how Bug and Monkey are holding on to me and shielding their eyes.







Bug's first trip we spent hours waiting in line to meet and take pictures with the princesses.  The line today was only about 30 minutes so we took advantage.  She got her picture taken with Belle, Aurora, and Tiana.  Later after she learned to dance like a princess she also got her picture with Snow White.


Monkey took the Buzz Lightyear ride very seriously!
I love the determination in his face!!

All in all it was an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment