Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Well, as you can see, it has been quite some time since my last post.  I had grand ideas for keeping this up to date, but I guess life got in the way.   However I don't want my children's live's to go by and forget all the little things they said and did.  So I am starting again with renewed energy to document our days.


So the big news....
 Monkey has turned 5 years old!  I can't believe how fast the time has gone. We had parties at both Grandma's house and Marjie and Paul's house.  He had an angry bird theme at Grandma's and a Super Hero (Avenger's) theme at Marjie and Paul's.  He is such a big boy now and is anxiously awaiting a couple of weeks from now when he will start kindergarten.

Bug finally got to take swimming lessons.  She has been begging to take lessons for a while now, and I finally got the opportunity to give them to her.  Our frequent travel between home and Gumba's house during the summer made it difficult if not impossible before, but I finally decided that we would just commit our first two weeks of summer vacation to staying at Gumba's to take swimming lessons there (at the same pool where I took lessons as a child).  Of course Monkey and Curly Q also got to take lessons as well and everyone did wonderfully and passed their level.  Bug went from Duck to Dolphin, Monkey from Grunion to Duck and, Curly Q when she turns 3 will go from Mommy and Me to Grunion.  Although no one can actually swim yet, they are all much more confident and love the time that they get to spend in a pool now.

Curly Q is officially potty trained at 2 years 10 month.  As of the first week of summer at Gumba's house, she is no longer using a pull-up, other than for nighttime, but even then she seems to be waking up dry.  Whoo-peee  (or should I shout No-peeee)!!!! Finally after 8 years, no more diapers for this mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment